My lovely followers

Thursday 26 January 2012

A card for a baby boy


Hi again

I was lookig through my stamps today to decide what to do and came up with this cute Lili of the Valley baby stamp,  I've only used it once before and that was at Christmas when I did a completely different colourscheme  to this card and made it into a babys 1st christmas card for my new grandson - he's a really old baby now that he's got to 6 weeks old!!


I wanted to keep this one very "clean" and bright like a traditional baby boy card, and I think it worked. I decided to use my promarkers to colour this one and shaded with prismacolor pencils as usual, the dies are spellbinders ovals and the " baby boy" is Sizzix skoosky font dies, they are a bit fiddly to work with but because they are so thin they are easy to fit on most cards without dominating it.  The spotty ribbon came from Sam Pooles Creative Studios and the pearls from my stash

I'm entering this card for the following challenges

Stampavie - Blue and white
Sundays with Chrissie - beat the winter blues - nothing like a new baby for that!
Sunday sketch & stamp

4 comments:

Shari said...

What a beautiful card you've created - love everything about this cutie!!! Thanks for playing with us at Sundays With Crissy.

Sam said...

Fab card, love your colouring :) Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp! X

Mary Lou said...

Extreme beauty dear Judith!! I agree nothing more wonderful than a new baby to beat the winter blues:) Just love this card and those Sizzix font letters are very stunning!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!!
Hugz

Anne H. said...

Your card is wonderful!
An adorable image and beautiful colors.
Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
Anne