My lovely followers

Thursday 8 November 2012

Delightful Challenges Let it snow challenge and the poorly snowman!!

Hello again

Well here I am again and to be honest I'm not quite sure how I got here this week.  I've been soooo busy that I felt sure that by today I would have given up!!

None the less I made it hooray!!

And the challenge
at Delightful Challenges this week  is

Let it snow
(use snowflakes)

Our fab sponsor this week is Scrappyland.com



Who are offering a fabulous prize of a Scrappyland $20 store gift card

Here's my card


This little snowman image is just so cute he's called Candy Cane Jingles and is available here

Now I'm sure you'll agree that snowmen make quite easy cards - after all he's white! - so hardly any colouring for a start.  I thought I would ring the changes by giving him a bit of shine with lovely shiny red boots, candy cane, buckle  and hollyberries ....and nose.  I used my glossy accents to do all of this and left it to dry.  I made up the rest of the card and put it all together when .....  shock horror!!!! - my snowman was poorly, now how do you know you might ask - simples - he has a runny nose!!  

Well in another life I might have put this right but this week it was runny nose snowman or no card at all so for my card he might have to be renamed -Runny Nose Jingles with candy cane! -in my defence he has got lovely shiny boots ha ha. 

This is what I did.....

Image - Candicane jingles by Digital Delights
Coloured with copics
Buckle - silver marker pen fro aldi!
Sentiment - from Naughty or Nice set from Digital Delights
Glossed with glossy accents
Papers - Merry from My minds Eye
Card - Bazill Basics
Snowflakes punched out with a Martha Stewart border punch
Bow die - Memory box
Pearls - from my crafty heart

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Southern girls - Christmas projects
Crimbo crackers - snowmen
Use your stuff - Christmas

That's me done for this week - see you next week

hugs

Judith

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card Judith love the snowman (and the runny nose he! he!) the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Doreen said...

Love this gorgeous card....fab image and papers.xxx

Lisa Foster said...

Hi Judith:)
This is spectacular! Love all the awesome details and your coloring is gorgeous!
Hugs,
Lisa

Sue B said...

Awww he's mega cute Judith!! I love how you've coloured him… and the paper is so gorgeous!! :-)
Hope you are well hun
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

One very happy snowman! Very pretty and delicate die embellishment. Lovely card Judith.

Thanks for joining our '46 Days to Go' Christmas challenge

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Southern Girls DT

Unknown said...

Gorgeous snowman Judith and love the candy cane he has too. Ha the runny nose is 'cute'...luv annie.x

http:annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

Unknown said...

So cute! I really like the way you embellished your card and the ribbon in the corner. Thank you for taking the challenge with us on the Use Your Stuff blog :)

Stephanie Eaken said...

This is such a cute card!! Thanks for joining us at SGC!!

Vicky said...

Beautiful, I love that cute image and that Xmas tree paper

hugs Vicky xxx