My lovely followers

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Anything goes at The Paper Shelter

Good morning all

Its a late post from me this morning - and the reason being ....Christmas - what else - I've totally lost track of just about everything including what day I post for my challenges!  I'm sure this Christmas thing causes temporary insanity - well I hope it's temporary or there's no hope for any of us really lol.

Today's challenge over at
 The Paper Shelter Challenge blog
 is the last one for this year 
and the theme is an easy peasy....

Anything Goes

I used one of the very newest stamps that was just released
and I just fell in love with this pretty image and the absolutely gorgeous papers that come with her

This is The Music Practice and is available here


I loved the papers just as much as the pretty image and even thought about making a card using just the papers - it would make a very pretty card with just a sentiment mounted on the centre frame - but I just didn't have the heart to leave this pretty girl out!  I printed the paper out twice on paper for the inside and outside of the card then cropped the centre frame part and printed it onto card so that I could add dimension.  It was then curved and elevated at the centre with foam pads.  Lastly I fussy cut the image and stuck her onto the frame, the butterflies and flower embellishments were added - because she deserved to be pretty!  It's quite  a while since I made a card with flowers and "fussy" embellies, I definitely favour a more CAS style these days, but some images suit this style so well and I thought that this was definitely one of them.  I just love the effect of this paper - the doily looks so dimensional - but its all printed onto the one piece of paper

Hope we see you at The Paper Shelter Challenge
- as always there's a great prize up for grabs

Challenge prize badge

This is what I did....

Image and papers -The music Practice from The Paper Shelter
Coloured with copics and prismacolor pencils
Flowers - WOC
Butterfly -Prima
Gems - from my stash
Sentiment - LOTV
Leaf punch - Martha Stewart
Kraft card - MFT (still haven't recovered from my visit to this fab shop!!)

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Everybody art -no christmas cards
Fantastic Tuesday challenge - punches and dies
Twisted Tuesdays - fussy cut and fancy corners
Crafty sentiments -Birthdays
Bunny Zoes - wings
The crafty bloggers network - girly
The kraft journal - something new (new release digi and new kraft card)



See you again tomorrow!

hugs
Judith xx


17 comments:

Veronica Atanacio said...

Wow!!! Amazing card Judith! it's so beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Hi Judith,
This is so pretty, and colour's are beautiful, thank you for sharing with us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, Hope to see you again next week....
Hugs
Suzy B
XX

Whisper said...

Aaah what a sweetie and such gorgeous colours too, Luv Sam x

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

Sue said...

This is stunning Judith. I love the image, beautiful colouring and gorgeous embellishments.
hugs Sue xx

Anna said...

Beautiful card!! Love the coloring on the image!
Hugs

Anne said...

Judith this is just perfect. Love your soft colours and pretty papers. They work perfectly with this image
Anne x

Pat K said...

So very pretty Judith. Love this image too and your lovely flower spray and butterfly...gorgeous. hugs, Pat K x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

How beautiful Judith, a real girly card! Susan x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really pretty Judith. I adore the colours and your pretty layout.

Christmas Blessings.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Mikha Adriani said...

Hiya Judith :D
Such a pretty card, dear x
Lovely shabby touch and layout! Thanks for sharing this at Crafty Sentiments. Looking forward to see more of yours there :)
Hugs, Mikha

Tracie said...

Beautiful card. Love all the extras you added to your card. Makes it pop. Your image is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

jessica said...

Gorgeous card! Love the image and all the embellishing you did!
Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at The Kraft Journal. Hope you have a very Happy Holiday!
Jessica
TKJ~DT

Kelly Lloyd said...

Hello Judith,
This is beautiful
Thank you for sharing it with us at crafty sentiments
Hugs Kelly

Gail said...

Judith, this is absolutely beautiful. You are so talented with your Copics and pencils and this image is colored magnificently. The flowers you used are so perfect for this card and image! The butterfly and sentiment are perfect with this image and the paper, too. Beautiful little touches with the jewels. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that you have a safe and happy New Year! Hugs, Gail

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love your coloring and all the embillies!
ps - I just started my first ever blog and would love for you to stop by and offer any advice!

Laura Love said...

Wow! This is stunning! Love all the gorgeous flowers! Thank you so much for playing along at Crafty Sentiments Designs! We hope you play along with us again soon!