My lovely followers

Saturday 25 October 2014

.Run Run Run!


Good Morning all

I'm here on a Saturday morning for the first time in ages!
and only because I'm very late lol

This is my DT card for Fab'n'Funky Challenges
I had this card half done and it's taken me until now to get a chance to get it finished!

Our challenge theme this week is 

In Stitches 
(having a laugh)

so you can either show us a funny card or a card with stitching on it

Here's my card


using the image Run Derek Run available here

It's from our fabulously fun sponsor for this week

Doctor Digi

I chose this image because it's perfect for my son Matthews birthday
- even though it's not until next April!!

Matthew has just recently left home and is living up in Edinburgh.  All grown up he is with a job, a car and a room in a flat share in central Edinburgh. it's not the first time he's been away from home, he spent 3 years in Norwich when he was at University there - and that's sort of where this card fits in.  He's still in touch with his old house mates from uni but they're scattered all over the country so don't meet up to often.  But they have an annual reunion each year - and next year it's to be in Berlin - one of them decided that as the Berlin half marathon  is on while they are there that he was going to enter - and Matthew decided he would do it too - all well and good but the most he's ever run in recent years was to catch a bus!!! - So he's in training and he's got loads of time - but we still all think its more than a bit funny that Matthew is running - hence this card!!

Here's what I did...

Image - Run Derek Run - from Dr  Digi's house of stamps
Coloured with spectrum noir pens and pencils
Papers - LOTV - father knows best
Sentiment - Anna Griffin Birthday sentiments set from QVC
Tiny brads- Papermania
"Run" - punched with a very old letter punch set I got from QVC when I first started making cards

I decided to just post this late as a midway reminder -We'd love to see your fun cards - or perhaps your elegant stitched ones - either way we'd love to see you at Fab'n'Funky - and youve still got loads of time to enter

Hugs
Judith xx

8 comments:

brenda said...

A real fun card Judith.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Mau xx said...

Fabulous card Judith, Its perfect for Matthew...ha-ha hope his training is going well...makes me tired just thinking of running! I could walk forever..but RUN! yikes!
Hugs Mau xx
Was up in Sunderland on Monday to pick Alfie up. xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

A great fun creation Judith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! what a brilliant image Judith!! he has oodles of character and you've coloured him so beautifully! love the scrummy paper and the Run, Run, Run!! Lol :-) Matthew will love this… I hope his training goes well !
Hope you have a great Saturday!
Big hugs Sue B xx

Pat said...

Great card Judith, I'm sure Matthew will love it and he will have a great time in Berlin and no doubt do well in the half marathon.

Pat xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hee hee this is brilliant, what a fabby card, Love that image, Sending Hugs Hazelxx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Judith, oh wow what a stunning card and your son is going to love his card that image is just right for it. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

LOVE your card Judith, so perfect for my stitches challenge. Awesome layout and fab papers. Love the words around the image too. Hugs, Wends x