My lovely followers

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Come on - charm us!

Good morning all

Click HERE to enter my 'happy candy' draw

It's Wednesday all over again! - where do these weeks go!!

I'm back today with my DT card for

Fab'n'Funky Challenges

where our lovely Alison is hosting the challenge for the first time 
and a great job she has done too!

The theme this week is

Charm Us
(use a charm)


a close up of the lovely verse

I made this card for my husbands birthday back in January - its made with a lovely Sheena Douglas stamp called Visitor available HERE and the sentiment and verse on the tag are from The Journey by Tim Holtz at Stampers Anonymous  - I just love that inspirational verse.

My card is another of those large 8 inch square cards, I love using these
 - so much more space to play with!

our lovely sponsor this weeks is

Inspired by Stamping

visit at the links below to see the lovely goodies they have in store



This is what I did....

Stamp -A little bit sketchy - Visitor - by Sheila Douglas
Coloured with Tim Holtz distress pens
papers - LOTV father knows best and country gent
Sentiments and clock stamp -The Journey set from Tim Holtz at Stampers Anonymous
Key charm - from my stash (ebay i think!)
Ribbon - Brown silky Crush from Creative Expressions
Corners - Michaels and distressed with TH white distress paint
Banner dies- whiff of Joy

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Incy wincy challenge - use a punch or die cut
Addicted to stamps - lots of layers
The ribbon girls - it's charming
Chocolate baroque - colour inspiration     Current Challenge

I do hope you'll come and charm us with your lovely cards this week

hugs Judith xx



27 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful layout.Great stamps.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Judith, this is gorgeous! Love that stamp and the fabulous sentiment. Love the key charm and your fabulous chocolate bow! Fabulous. Hugs, Wends x

Chris said...

Wow, Fabulous 'man' card! Lovely design, beautiful sentiment. Love how you've managed to add that gorgeous bow and still keep it looking masculine!
Chris
x

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant male themed card Judith, the design, embellishments and the image are superb, love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Alison said...

What a great card for your husband, Judith - I was really struck by it from the first time I saw it on the blog. I love the depth of that image, and the way you have coloured it - and the sentiment and charms fit so well.
Hugs,
Alison xx

Pat K said...

Great masculine card Judith. Love the image and sentiment as well as the design. hugs, Pat K x

Pat said...

Great card Judith, super image, I'm sure your husband was thrilled with this on his birthday.

Pat xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Judith, such a beautiful image and wonderful detailing. The verse is beautiful too.
hugs Sue xx

Laine said...

Stunning male themed creation Judith.
Laine
xx

The Little Stamper said...

How gorgeously vintage! I love all the detail. It's a good job it was for your husband - I imagine the weight of the key would have made it a bit expensive to post!

Sharon x

Sarah said...

A great vintage card for a chap Judith. What a fab stamp and I love the tag and your perfect finishing touches xx

Carol said...

Fabulous vintage card for a male Judith, love the stamp and your gorgeous charm. Carol x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant vintage card Judith....great image and papers...Joolsx

Ribbon Girl said...

That's a great card Judith, thanks for joining in with the ribbon girl lovely lili challenge, good luck, Mary x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I bet your hubby loved it! I find the masculine cards the toughest but yours is awesome! I really like the image and sentiment too.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Judith I like the great image the embellishments and the sentiment
Kevin xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A wonderful card Judith and such an inspiring sentiment. Susan x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so awesome Judith, I am sure your hubby adored it as much as I do.. Gorgeous sentiment and awesome layout and embellies.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a super man's card and I so love that key too, luv Sam x

Kat W said...

This vintage style is so lovely and suits the image so perfectly, as does that fabulous key charm - love it!

Big hugs, Kat xx

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Judith, such a lovely vintage feel and gorgeous image.
Pauline
x

Chris said...

Fantastic masculine card, Judith! I love the colors and the vintage feel! The key is the perfect addition, too! Thank you for joining the Addicted to Stamps Layer Challenge!

XO
Chris

Alljazzed2create said...

Fabulous card. Love it. Thanks for joining us over at Incy Wincy.

DT Pam

Unknown said...

Beautiful card the vintage car is lovely. thanks for joining incy wincy
Lynne DT x

judith@poppy cottage said...

Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge. Fabulous masculine card, with great details and super embellishments. Judith xx

Unknown said...

Love your card! Thanks for joining the Cuttin and Stampin challenge.

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Judith. Great design and love the embellishments. I am sure your husband was delighted to receive this. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge. Apologies for late visit.
Flo x